BSOD when accessign DVD Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I just discovered this forum. I am tech savvy but nowhere near to your levels. So my apologies if I make a techspot faux pas.

I have a new Dell XPS 410. Operating Windows XP Media Center Edition.
Processor: Intel Core 2
6600 @ 2.40 Ghz
2.00 GB RAM
DVD drive (came with the computer) Identified by Dell rep as being manufactured by HLDS. The only information on the computer I could find about it said "HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H31N"
250 GB HD
80 GB HD attached via a card in PCI slot (RAID??)

The computer came preloaded with Roxio which I strongly disliked. I purchased the Ulead Video Studio 10 and the Ulead Movie Factory 5.0. Once this software was installed, I began to receive a BSOD nearly everytime my computer tried to access the DVD drive. The BSOD gave me the following code

STOP: 0x00008086 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have contacted Ulead tech support. They assure me it must be hardware because "software can not cause a blue screen to occur". Dell has been fairly helpful but as of yet have been able to diagnose the issue. I'm at my wits end.

I have attached a few minidump files. If I am missing anything, again my apologies - please let me know and I will do my best.

Thank you for any help you might be able to give me. I am really stuck.

Wow... not sure where to go from here. Seems like this problem hasn't really been fully solved yet. I have the option to upgrade to Vista. I was hesitant thinking it would cause more problems... Do you think that Vista might actually solve my problem?

you can try and update the motherboard and chipset drivers first to see if it resolves your current problem.

If you want to upgrade to vista, check the Dell website on your PC to see if Vista drivers are available yet or not. If you don't check, you might actually make things worse, since this issue is related to drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back