BSOD when going and coming from sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using an IBM Thinkpad T40 with WinXP. My HP D145 Officejet All in one printer broke down so I had it replaced with an HP Photosmart 3100.

Problem is I get BSODs after finishing a print job and going to or returning from sleep, standby or hibernate modes. I never got BSODs when going to the mode after a scan, copy or fax job. I never encountered the same problem also with my old D145.

The MS Online Crash Analysis report says that the problem was caused by an unknown device driver.

I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the HP software. I also uninstalled my old printer drivers. I also followed HP's recommendation to close the HP software before going to sleep mode. There seems to be no updated driver from the HP website yet.

I have attached the minidumps I collected from the machine

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at ino_fltr.sys. They all have a bugcheck of 9F.

0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode.

See HERE for further info about your stop message.

See HERE for more info.

Also, see HERE for a ino_fltr.sys driver update.

I haven`t come across this problem before, so I don`t know if the above will help.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks Howard

Thanks for the swift reply.

We are indeed using CA's InoculateIT for our antivirus both on the server and client sides. We recently updated our Exchange server's CA version from 7.1 to 8.x hence making the ino_flpy.sys and ino_fltr.sys drivers updated also (ver. 5.0.6100.110 and 5.0.6100.154 respectively)

Currently, clients (including mine) with InoculateIT version 7.x has the following driver versions: 5.0.6100.106 (ino_flpy.sys), 5.0.6100.134 (ino_fltr.sys)

I will be installing the update on my T40 and will update you of the results. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back