BSOD while playing world of warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticqueen

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? I blue screen only while playing WoW. It is sporatic and doesnt happen everyday. I have recently replaced my video card and power supply and it hasn't helped. This is the stop message that I get:

0x000000D1 (0x0000005C,0x00000009,0x00000001,0XF6E66018)
It says at the top DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This is my last hope, I have even had the Geek Squad come to my house and they can't fix it either! lol
Lynn

Hello Lynn,

I had the same error sunday, the PC I was playing it on is a new build, everything in it is top notch...I am replacing the ram, under warranty, thoguht I would save myself some £'s and so bought some "Ecconemy" Ram. Micron brand, I'd never heard of it, but as far as I was concerned Rams ram, I thought a 1gig stick, 800Mhz, does it matter if its well known or not...My new ram arrives on Wednesday, once I have put that into the PC, I will try it, IF this fixes the problem I will let you know. Untill tomorrow night, I wont know more. but you are not alone on this one...

Dave

I am in no way saying that changing your Ram will help, but that seemed to be my problem. Changed the Ram last night, loaded up wow and played for hours.

Was also able to finish the Windows Vista installation, which is great considering I spent 3 hours on the phone to Microsoft with problems and we couldnt figure out what the problem was...

I am a very happy man :D

Dave

arcticqueen said:
Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? I blue screen only while playing WoW. It is sporatic and doesnt happen everyday. I have recently replaced my video card and power supply and it hasn't helped. This is the stop message that I get:

0x000000D1 (0x0000005C,0x00000009,0x00000001,0XF6E66018)
It says at the top DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This is my last hope, I have even had the Geek Squad come to my house and they can't fix it either! lol
Lynn

same problem! I'm not too sure what the cause is yet - definately leaning towards RAM.
I've managed to work around the problem by dropping my RAM to 667mhz.
Everything seems 100% now, but still highly irritating as I've spent the money on 800 mhz RAM and its not running at full potential.

What is the specs of your machine?

If you can manually clock your RAM in the CMOS, I suggest turning it down a notch if possible and see if it helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back