BSOD.. why do computers hate me -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hso

Hey there..
I'm someone... sadly.. who is plagued by computer problems.. and I was recently introduced to another... the dreaded BSOD >:mad: I am by no means new to the BSOD.. I've probably seen it 15-20times in my young life (turned 21 recently :D), but i've never successfully resolved the problem >:mad:

so.. this is what I wrote down when I saw my most recent BSOD..

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000A(0X9CFE9249, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X8051EC12)

WinXP saved a minidump, I installed Windbg(as recommended by a forum.. dunno which one :p), opened the dump file but it's not helpful to me.. something to do with symbols.. shrug..(would this thing about symbols have something to do with me using Japanese regional settings? I just thought i'd add that in there ;P)

(uploaded 2 text files using the upload function on this forum.. I assume people know how to read attachments <_<)

So.. I read something(perhaps on this forum?) that said 0x00000000A errors are hardware issues? I never get a break :( there's always /something/ going on with my computers.. they hate me... plain and simple :mad:

To my knowledge, I haven't installed any hardware *recently* .. the latest thing I installed was my second NIC.. but that was about 2-3weeks ago? don't see why it would be giving me hassle though <_<;;

Would someone be able to provide some helpful advice on this issue, please?
Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, I just thought I'd mention that this PC hasn't been overclocked.. i had a go at overclocking cpu and ram.. the CPU didn't get much of a successfully boost, and i think the RAM was causing problems.. but I formatted the computer and I think that got rid of the settings(the settings do get removed by doing this.. right?)

EDIT: I also thought I'd mention that this BSOD seemed to be caused when my sister tried logging off of her username..

Hso said:
Hey there..
I'm someone... sadly.. who is plagued by computer problems.. and I was recently introduced to another... the dreaded BSOD >:mad: Would someone be able to provide some helpful advice on this issue, please?

the settings do get removed by doing this.. right?)

EDIT: I also thought I'd mention that this BSOD seemed to be caused when my sister tried logging off of her username..

Hi

First, We can read the Dump files on here and if you post them in a zip file on your next post, we will take a look for you (dont worry about the symbol's we know what they mean).

Second, most overclocking is done in the BIOS, formatting the machine wont clear these, you need to go into the BIOS and set defaults.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back