BSOD=>WinDbg: memorycorruption. Memtest86 didn't find any errors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anlavabeed

Hello,

My neighbour asked me to try to find the sollution to the problem(random reboots) she has with her computer. After disabling the automatic restart in Windows XP she got the BSOD, sometimes once a week (or even more often?):
STOP: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x8054ae34, 0xf4d61040, 0x00000000). That's all. Unfortunate this is the only error and memory.dmp I have been able to write down and save recently after disabling automatic restart.

In eventviewer I can't find any errors on that specific time and date.

I have downloaded WinDbg and after analyzing the memory.dmp it gave the following information (sometimes with Dutch, sorry about that): see zipfile

Unfortunate I was not able to fix the problem with the symbols that could not be loaded even after I have downloaded them.

I have been busy the last two days with checking the three DDR memory sticks of 640MB with Memtest86, 6-8 hours per stick. Result: no errors!

I have tried to underclock the memory but I'm not able to in the BIOS.

Fuitsu Siemens Scaleo:
AMD thunderbird 1400 at 266mhz
640 MB ddr ram PC2100 at 266mhz
MSI K7T266 Pro (MS-6380) / MS-6380LE
Maxtor 40GB
dvd drive
cdrw
Geforce II-200 mhz

Could someone check out this Windbg log and tell me what I could do and if there are other problems besides the memorycorruption? Thanks alot. Any help is appreciated. Maybe itt has something the do with the Nvidia videocard?

Many thanks in advance!

Mark
The Netherlands

Attachments

• WinDbg.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 9
Look at the motherboard. One that is that old may be starting to fail. Are the capacitors leaking brown stuff?

Memory errors and no problems with memory means mobo is bad or psu is failing or hdd is failing, there's a start

like Tedster said... look at your capacitors on your mobo for bulges, is there any stupid modifications or anything else sucking up power? have you done a full disk check?

why don't you post your actual minidump, not just your windebug output so someone with the proper symbols setup can take a look at it, more than one minidump helps.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

It will take a few days ebfore I can use the computer again. I will try to post the actual memory dump asap (it is about 80Mb unzipped though).

Are there tools to check if a PSU, Mobo is failing? I'm familair with the ones for the HD: the original HD was already failing and had to be replaced before Windows ME was even activated!

Like Tedster said... look at your capacitors on your mobo for bulges
It is a new computer but I going to check that just to be sure.

is there any stupid modifications or anything else sucking up power?
Not sure, how do I check that?

I will do a ful diskcheck asap.

Thanks so far.

Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from me for a few days.
icon7.gif

Unfortunate I'm only able to upload the memory.dmp (zipped 25Mb) because there are no minidumps available. So if someone would like to be so kind to check the memory.dmp here: http://rapidshare.de/files/20590987/MEMORY.zip.html , it is much appreciated!

What I have done so far in the meantime:
-Updated videodriver to the latest available (used also driver cleaner).
-Checked for leaking and bulging capacitors, of course no problems found, the motherboard is still new.
-Ran Chkdsk with the following commands /r /f. It only took a few seconds to tell me that the harddisk it fine and I also ran powermax just to be sure: no problems found.
-PSU Wattage seems to be fine I think, it is 250W, 13.0A at 12V. (Athough I wasn't able to find the right type CPU in the PSU calculator. But the Athlon uses 65W max).
Voltage readings don't deviate more than 5 or 6%.
-Temps seem to be fine too:
Motherboard: 39C or 102F
CPU: 45C or 113F
HD: 22C or 72F
There are no sensors reading PSU and Video card.

Hopefully someone could tell me more!

Thanks,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back