BSOD Windows XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slifer

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz Northwood
Abit IC7-G (BIOS is updated and current)
Geforce FX 5600 128mb (AGP)
Audigy 2 ZS Gamer (PCI) only PCI card in the system
Corsair 1024Mb PC 3200 TwinX DDR (Ran Duel Channel 128mb module in each bank x 4 = 1024Mb)
Cendyne CD-R CD-RW 52x24x52
Ultra PSU 500 watt
Maxtor 60Gig HD
Seagate 40Gig HD
Logitech Access keyboard
Logitech MX 510 Performance mouse

I keep getting random shutdowns and different BSODs while using my computer. I believe it to be driver related. I just can’t pin point it.

BSODS in the past:

STOP: 0X0000008E

STOP: 0X000000E3

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA STOP: 0X00000050

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP: 0X00000050 NTFS.SYS

Reformatted and reinstalled OS:

Now I get these BSODs:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP: 0X000000D1 INTELPPM.SYS

C000021A STOP: 0XC0000005 FATAL SYSTEM ERROR
Windows Subsystem process terminated unexpectedly

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP: 0X000000D1​

I’m running WinXP Pro SP2 all Microsoft updates have been applied and Direct X 9c. I’ve installed windows 3x in the last two weeks. Installed newest chipset drivers from Intels website, and even gone back in chipset revisions to see if the system would stabilize, but it didn’t help. I’m running the up to date BIOS form the ABIT site. I also when back three BIOS revisions to see if the system would stabilize, but it didn’t help either.

I’m running the most current drivers for Nvidia Geforce FX 5600 and Audigy 2 ZS Gamer. I’ve gone back in revision for Nvidia drivers and Audigy but nothing seems to help the random crashing.

I’ve replaced the motherboard, PSU, and Audigy 2 ZS Gamer. I purchased a new Geforce AGP video card to test it the computer would crash. It did. So I took it back and put my old card back in. I also moved my Audigy 2 ZS to every PCI slot on my mobo to check for IRQ conflicts. This didn’t change anything the crashing still happens. I’ve replaced all the wires in the case.

At one point I though maybe heat was an issue, so I replaced the CPU fan with an over clocker one. My current temp for the CPU is 38C I’ve seen it at 52C when pushed. The case has two fans in front one in back, one on the CPU of coarse =P , one on the chipset, and two in the PSU. Don’t think heat is an issue. Plus I run the computer with the side off of it anyway.

I’ve tested the memory with Memtest86 for 8hrs. No errors found in memory. I’ve tested the HDs with diagnostic software and they check out fine. The Diagnostic on the Audigy 2 ZS checks out fine as well. I’ve run the diagnostic on the Direct X and everything check out fine. I’ve done windows repair sfc /scannow to replace any damaged system files the crash still troubles me.

I’ve tried using the system without the keyboard and mouse drivers for the Logitech hardware. I used the Microsoft generic versions and still the computer crashes. I reinstalled the Logitech drivers and the patch for the mouse aswell.

I have on ongoing post with Corsair regarding the RAM. The told me to increase my voltage to see if my computer stabilized this didn’t help.

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36064

I’m also working with Creative for the Audigy 2 ZS card. I’ve followed all their instructions on doing a clean install this didn’t help. I’ve installed all the software updates. I even took out the card and uninstalled the drivers and ran onboard sound to test. Computer still crashes.

Sometimes while playing games I will here random high pitched sounds coming from the Logitech speakers. (not the internal computer speakers)

Only things not replaced in the system are the CPU and the CD-R CD-RW drive.

The computer has been running fine for over a year. I’ve attached some of the mini dump files see attached. Please any help with this would be great. *on hands and knees*

~Slifer~

PS: There is nothing in event manager that suggests a problem anywhere. Device manager shows everything being ok as well.

Attachments

• Mini030505-02 (1).txt
    88 KB · Views: 7
I'm trying to upload my user.dmp file. I've changed the extension to txt. I get this error message.

File Too Large. Limit for this file type is 100.0 KB. Your file is 103.7 KB.

Is there anything that can be taken out of it to make the file smaller? This way I could upload it, or are the mini dumps enough?

~Slifer~

Just got another error.

STOP: C000021A FATAL SYSTEM ERROR

The Windows subsystem process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0XC0000005 (0X7C9120E9 0X0069ECA4)

The system has been shutdown

~Slifer~

Don't think anybody is going to read your big dump-file, so don't bother.

I would have pointed to the Audigy.
You seem to have exhausted all possibilities, except this one: try another CPU.
Sounds like that is your Nemesis.

Thanks for your response.

Is there anyway to test a processor? Like some kind of stress test or burn in software? I'd like if possible to make sure the processor is the problem before shelling out the money to get another one.

Only things I've found online:

Hyper-Threading Technology Test Utility, version 1.2 (Intel’s website)

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...SFullName=Windows*+XP+Professional&submit=Go!

Ran this test and everything checked out ok.

~Slifer~

Did this PC run OK before you began replacing bits?
Did it EVER run OK, and if so, for how long?

Switch PC off, remove powercord.
Take the mobo-battery out (don't break anything). Clear the CMOS, using either a paperclip or a jumper (check mobo-manual how and where).
Put battery back. Switch on.
Go into BIOS and set everything to Default values.
Check that PNP-compatible OS is switched OFF.
Disable all IRQ-items you don't use, such as Serial ports (COM1/COM2), Parallel port if you have a USB-printer, any onboard audio and unused network items.
Do NOT assign an IRQ to VGA.

Reboot and see how that goes.
Do you perhaps use an 80-wire HD-ribbon instead of 40-wire on older harddisks, that are less than ATA66?

Hi Slifer,

I've processed your dumps. This is a hardware problem. One dump is inaccessible which implies dump taking fails during dump taken. The dump failed is usually triggered by faulty hardware.The three dumps are crashed with different bugcheck at windows kernel such as HAL, Processor Power management and SEH (system exception handler). The faulty hardware may be the CPU. Attach more dumps if you have. Remember to zip the dump before you attach the dump.

Realblackstuff,

The computer has been running fine for over 2yrs now.

I cleared the BIOS with the jumper and took out the battery. I let the computer sit for over 10min. Then put the battery back in and put the jumper back to its correct postion.

I entered the BIOS set everything to default, and disabled any unused ports including the PnP.

I didn't assign an IRQ to VGA.

The ribbon cables came with the mobo and have been functioning fine for over two years. When I replaced the mobo I got new wires that came with it and it still is crashing with the wires.

Comptuer still crashing even after attemping everything you suggested. =( I had my fingers crossed..... Thanks again for your help.

~Slifer~

CPC2004,

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm posting the mini dumps for 3/7/05 and 3/8/05 from my computer. I will zip them up this time =)

I was thinking of just going to get a new processor and seeing if that was the problem. I've never had a Processor go out on me before. So I really don't know the symptoms. I also read somewhere about memory controllers on CPUs going bad. Maybe this is an issue?

Thanks for your time,

~Slifer~

spelling correction

Realblackstuff and cpc2004,

You both were right it was a hardware problem. :) It was the processor. I got a new one and all the issues so far have gone away! No more high pitched sounds out of the speakers, and my Norton Antivirus that wasn't working is now working. Most of all no more random crashes!!!!

I didn't change a thing software wise. Put in the new processor and booted up, after configuring the BIOS, and everything is working better than before. Well I have to admit after replacing just about the whole system it should be. LOL

Thank you gurus of computer knowledge you both rock!! :hotbounce

I will let the pc run for a few days with fingers crossed and hope the evil computer gremlins have gone for good.

~Slifer~

Slifer said:
Just got another error.

STOP: C000021A FATAL SYSTEM ERROR

The Windows subsystem process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0XC0000005 (0X7C9120E9 0X0069ECA4)

The system has been shutdown

~Slifer~

Sorry for bumping this thread but this is the only forum posting I found so far that mention a solution. I have been getting this exact BSOD error and message ever since I upgraded to XP Service Pack 2. The upgrade was carried out from scratch after I reformatted C: drive and install XP and then the service pack. Every piece of hardware in the system has stayed the same. I sincerely hope that someone can look at my event manager logfile and offer me some suggestion

Verge of trashing my PC

To Slifer....

This is a page out of my book. Im sick of following links to Microsoft that suggest problems with driver/services/hardware, etc, that i don't have installed or are using.

Today im working to home, nothing more then a ie6 session to read emails and a telnet session talking to a proper os (Unix).
Ive had the IE session die 8 times, and 3 BSOD's. This is a rather typical day, since i bought the thing new, 3 months ago.

Ive a slightly slower CPU at 2.6Gh, 1G Ram on a Gigabyte mobo.

Did you get any answer to your problem? Id be very interested in the results if you did.

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back