Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yggdrassil

What's the best way to find out what is causing the BSOD to appear? I'm sorry i'm kind of new to it but i get it everynow and then and i don't know what could be causing it to appear.

We need to read your minidumps in order to help you. Everytime you have a BSOD Windows will create a Minidump pointing to the cause.

This is how you find your minidumps with ">" meaning "left-click."

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder. Inside your Minidump folder are your Minidump Files. We need these files not the whole folder.

Next time you post attach these files as you would a Word document to an email. Notice in the Additonal Options screen when you reply (it is below the reply screen) the Manage Attachments. Click this on and you'll notice Browse. Click that and find your files. If you have several Zip them together and attach the Zip file by clicking Upload and when that is finished hit Submit Reply. We'll be able to open them and read them and if possible give you a solution or solutions to your issues.

Your Stop Error (BSOD) is an 0xA which is very common and it points to a driver fault. In other words, you have a driver in conflict.

In this case it is HSF_CNXT.sys which is a driver for your modem.

The process HSF_CNXT driver or WinACHSF driver belongs to the software SoftK56 Modem Driver or winachsf by Conexant Systems, Inc (www.conexant.com.

I suggest contacting the company online (I gave you the internet address) and see if they have an update. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back