BSOD's for no particular reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono91

I have recently formatted my hard drive and re-installed XP Pro and every once in a while it decides to blue screen on me. sometimes when i am installing things or logging on or anything really. i have attached some minidumps. here are the spec for my comp:

MSI PX8-Neo-V Motherboard
Celeron 2.6Ghz
1GB DDR RAM
80GB Seagate HD
GeForce FX 5500 256MB
LG Dual Layer DVD-RW

If anyone can help it would really be appreciated. Thanks :)

Hi Jono91,

Your windows are 4 years behind. Upgrade it XP SP2. All of the crashes are at USB routines. Probably it is caused by faulty ram. Run memtest to stress test the ram.

I tried puting SP2 on but it doesn't help and I was thinking the RAM might be causing this. BTW I have PC2700 333Mhz RAM, would that be a problem because it is too slow or something?

More Minidumps

I did a repair of windows and installed SP2, and now blue screen keeps coming up but for different reasons, usually when I plug in my USB Pen Drive. I have some more minidumps. If anyone knows anything, it would help a lot. Thanks

Hi,

You still haven't upgrade to XP SP2. One minidump (ieMini110605-06.dmp.) crashes with bugcheck 77 and this is caused by bad paging space. Re-allocate the paging space. Several minidumps have corrupted module list, it may be caused by bad paging space, bad ram or faulty PSU. Upgrade BIOS.

Mini110605-06.dmp.
BugCheck 77, {1, e8045041, 0, ba5dfc38}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MmInPageKernelStack+10f )

I have installed SP2 and i have run memtest86, it found no errors. I did the power consumption calculator and i have sufficient power. btw how do you re-allocate the paging space?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back