BT Voyager 210 adsl router PORT FORWARDING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows is inside your computer and you forwarded the ports in your router - totally separate devices. Reinstalling Windows could not break the port forwarding and you don't have to touch anything in the router.

Make sure that your computer still has the LAN IP address you wrote in the forwarding rule.

port forwarding voyager 210

hi, thanks for your reply.

i have set the static ip address, changed router config but still i cannot get the writing to go green. iv even tried using bittornado but even using that the traffic light is still on amber. i must be doing something wrong but have no idea what!

cheers

just to add to the last post, when i try turning off windows firewall it says it cannot start the ics service so im not sure if firewall is on or not. im not sure if this has anything to do with port forwarding.

t

Change the ports you are fowarding to the computer on the router. Fixed linksys WRT54Gv3 routers before the latest firmware update.

Nodsu is correct though, whatever you do on the computer itself has absolutely nothing to do with what you did on the router, so unless it magically stopped port fowarding nothing has changed as far as the router is concerned.

Are you running anything other than Windows Firewall?

Also it doesn't matter what software you are using for torrents, if the port isn't fowarded its not going to work very well if at all. So changing torrent clients hoping one will work is just a waste of time on a port fowarding issue.

Sorry guys but I dont understand why he wants to port forward to use torrents! Are you planning on running your own torrent or would like to simply download from a torrent?

Default rule of most firewalls is to allow all from trusted zone (LAN). If you kick-off a connection on whatever port from inside the trusted zone, the connection will stay current until you end it. Rolls-reversed, if someone outside tries to initialize a connection through whatever port to you it will be blocked.

Be carefull when playing with port forwarding, opening ports, NAT and PAT rules ... you can leave yourself exposed when portscanned!

mikescorpio81 said:
Default rule of most firewalls is to allow all from trusted zone (LAN). If you kick-off a connection on whatever port from inside the trusted zone, the connection will stay current until you end it. Rolls-reversed, if someone outside tries to initialize a connection through whatever port to you it will be blocked.
That's exactly why. Most people out there do not have inbound BT connections enabled and if you want to exchange data with them, you have to allow inbound connections yourself. If you don't do this, you limit your peers to only those people who have configured their firewalls to allow inbound BT traffic. Less peers = less traffic = slower upload/download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back