Budget Oc'ing of FORSA GFX5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushwhacker

This is merely 160 bucks and it wont handle heavy graphics (it even goes to Unreal and Unreal Tournament just above 13.2 ftp when shooting and in crowded room!)

I even attempt oc'cing by using PowerStrip

Here it tell me my limit with glitches is

GPU Clock: 305mhz
Memory Clock: 450mhz

Any idea to boost more speed without glitches???

Video Card: FORSA GeForce FX 5200
Mem: 128 mb DDR2
Cooler?: Yes, Stock
Driver Ver: Both same results, v45.32 and v56.72
OS?: Both Windows 98se and WinXP Pro

I will greatly appreciated if you all can help me!

make sure ur running the latest drivers... duh! also u can look into better cooling... check ur bios because your agp slot might be set to 2x possibly or a lowered speed whatever it is. lastly try enabling fast writes... Oh also check your appreture size in bios... altho you might need to patch to get some features.

hope that helps cuz thats all that comes to mind

GOOD LUCK!

Did you read my littlest words, russo017? I AM Running in 56.72, DUH!

The stock heatsink is hot glued, nutin i can to do that

my agp is 8x, fast write enabled, ram apt is 128. I do not need patch, and i will not flash my bios, my mobo is from last years.

Any idea?

Originally posted by bushwhacker
This is merely 160 bucks and it wont handle heavy graphics (it even goes to Unreal and Unreal Tournament just above 13.2 ftp when shooting and in crowded room!)

I even attempt oc'cing by using PowerStrip

Here it tell me my limit with glitches is

GPU Clock: 305mhz
Memory Clock: 450mhz

Any idea to boost more speed without glitches???
Yes, play in lower resolution. There's only so much FX5200 can handle (albeit you didn't mention the resolution you're using to achieve 13.2 fps).

Latest drivers are Version: 61.77

You may want to update the AGP drivers for the motherboard chipset.

What is the voltage setting in your BIOS for the AGP? I would set it to 1.7 or 1.8 to allow more OCing and less glitches. Increasing the voltage can destroy the card, so be very careful and do not increase higher.

Bug

Not sure

How to get driver for AGP

My vid card is FORSA and chip is FX5200 so there is no extra volts

mine think it is 3.3 but run in AGP 8X

I dont think 61.77 dont help

but even it will do, i am out of usable computer parts. i am modding my case so i probably dont be on computer for 4 wks

OH! And Thanks to Mictlantecuhtli, for trying help me, i appreciate it.

Please provide the motherboard manufacturer and model so that I can direct you to the AGP drivers page.

I can help you find out what the AGP voltage is set to with the make and model of the motherboard.

The latest drivers probably won't help much for this issue, but it can't hurt. I recommend running a benchmark like 3dmark2004 or aquamark and providing your results. That will help us verify your system is running to its fullest potential. I've provided links below.

Aquamark
http://www.aquamark3.com/am3-mirrors.htm

3dMark
http://www.futuremark.com/download/

Bug

Sorry, Bug,

Gotta break u a new, I ran 3dMark2001 SE

THis vc run merely 30ftp at low and 15 ftp at high

5 ftp at multilighting and nature.

it applies to occded vc too it wont work

My mobo is ECS i848P-A 1.0a

I wont install the bios.