bug_code_usb error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been getting a "bsod" and a bug_code_usb error with a stop code 0x000000Fe i have attached the dump files and my computer is a gateway mx7120 i have updated the ram to 1 gb kingston 512 chip and the factory 512. and also I have a sprint merlin s620 aircard also running on the system a targus usb mouse,and antec cooling pad when the error happens. also it only happens when online.. if anyone can help me figure out how to fix this thank you Dameon.

Only one dump is readable, the rest are corrupt. Ndis.sys (Network Driver Interface Specification) was the cause of the readable one, a Windows system driver. You'll have to wait until you get some more dumps to try and find the problem.

In the meantime, see if you can update the drivers for your network adapter.

thanks i updated that file i think the other ones are currupt due to the computer locking up and having to power it down here's a couple more of the same error if they work.

thanks again, dameon

Both the readable ones are caused by usbohci.sys with a bugcheck of:
0x000000FE: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
Usually indicates a USB driver problem. Make sure, though, that you have the latest Windows service pack installed.

Check for driver updates for your USB devices.

thanks for all the help I know i have service pack 2 installed and windows updates states there is no new updates at this time will have to check out the other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back