Bugcheck 0x0000001e

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system reboots from a bugcheck every time I run a virus check and close the antivirus program. I have tried 2 different virus programs AVG and Avast they both do the same thing.
I have run chkdsk, defrag, memtest86, and reset the pagefile as per your instructions. The system allways reboots even though I have not selected to auto reboot in startup and recovery.

The error I recieve is:
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 10/13/2006
Time: 11:26:42 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ALW
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e (0xc0000005, 0x80520b47, 0x00000000, 0x0000000c). A dump was saved in: Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195].

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4
AMD Athlon XP-A, 1913 MHz (11.5 x 166)
Asus A7N8X-VM/400
nVIDIA nForce2 IGP
480 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)
Asus AMI (11/25/03)
Help please.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    97.8 KB · Views: 5
Unfortunately, your minidumps aren`t much use to me as I`m running Windows XP and don`t have the correct symbol files for your version of Windows.

However, I`m intrigued with your symptoms. Is it only happening with antivirus programmes? If so, I`m wondering whether you have some nasty infection on your system.

I suggest you go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread. I`ll take a look and see if I can find anything untoward.

Regards Howard :)

windbg results

I finally figured out how to run windbg and have attached the result here. I don't know what the results say for sure.

Attachments

• Mini101306-02.TXT
    4.9 KB · Views: 5
Your HJT log is clean.

Your minidump crashes at ntoskrnl.exe. This is the Windows bootup kernel file.

A bugcheck of 1E means the following.

0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

The Windows kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction. A Stop 0x1E condition can be caused by invalid memory and access violations similar to those that generate Stop 0xA errors. This default Windows error handler typically intercepts these problems if error-handling routines are not present in the code itself.

Maybe try a Windows repair as per this thread HERE.

Let us know the results please.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back