+BugCheckCode 0000000a in windows 2000 which reboots over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have a Windows 2000 Pro system that has decided to start rebooting itself. I have removed some programs which was thought to have caused the reboots from getting recent updates, but still reboots. The mini dump file give the error +BugCheckCode 0000000a. I have attached the results of the mini dump as a txt file. I've also attached the dump file. I appreciate your help!
Thanks,
Bob

Minidump points to a memory corruption... check or substitute your memory.

What are your system specs and where are you located in the world?

+BugCheckCode 0000000a in windows 2000 which reboots over and over Reply to Thread

Thanks, I have tested the memory with memtest86 and there were no errors and I did reseat it also. It's been running with this memory for a year with no problems. We are in Northern Illinois. The system is a Intel 3.0 Dual Core CPU with (2) 1GB in an Asus P5PE-VM and a SATA Hard drive running Windows 2000. He is a Body Shop and must run 2000 for the software he uses.

Thanks for the info... You can put this in your User Profile if you wish... Another thing to try is swapping the power supply. Other than this, you may have to reload Windows 2000. Have you backed up all the important data? If not, do so now!

I'd hate the thought of reloading his system, as it is a 3 day job. He does have the data backed up. I was thinking the power supply, too, but it ran a memtest for 6 hours with no trouble. It will also reboot in safe mode if you are using any program for 20 minutes or so. They tell me it's been good all day and yesterday, so I wonder.

This could be caused by an impending hard drive failure... You could buy a new hard drive and set it up as Primary Slave. Use a hard drive installation utility to copy C's contents to the new drive. Then install the slave drive as the primary master. You can't just simply copy all data from one drive to the other. You make an "image" of C and copy the image to the new drive. A drive installation utility like Seagate's DiscWizard will do this properly.

This will ensure that all the data will be saved and useable. Nice job on the User Profile updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back