Build PC for a good price

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of computer parts do i need to build a pc that can handle the game World of Warcraft perfectly with no lag? For a budget of about $800. I already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers.

first off, i would NOT go with the biostar motherboard. you are so much better off with asus.

secondly, you don't need 2 gigs of ram. 1 gig is plenty for your stated needs. go with corsair XMS, 2 sticks of 512MB (for dual-channel operation) will run great and cost about half as much.

do not forget to allow yourself money to acquire windows and/or the games and programs you plan on running. windows XP home OEM costs $90, pro is $130. personally, i would spend the extra money and get XP x64, for $130. this enables you to run 64-bit versions of games you either currently own or will own in the future. remember that using xp x64 requires ALL device drivers to be 64-bit, so don't plan on throwing older hardware into a system running x64 unless you can get 64-bit drivers for said hardware.

i ended up buying one from dell at a good price. My friend bought a dell to for about 700 with AMD processor, 1gb ram and his game runs completely smooth no lag what so ever. So i ended up ordering the intel dual core processor with 1gb ram and 256mb nvidia 7300le turbocache. So i will be running the game with ease in a few days.

Ouch! Which model of processor did you get? They may not have mentioned on the Dell website, but turbocache means that it uses some of your system ram as video memory, like integrated video does.

zephead said:
first off, i would NOT go with the biostar motherboard. you are so much better off with asus.

secondly, you don't need 2 gigs of ram. 1 gig is plenty for your stated needs. go with corsair XMS, 2 sticks of 512MB (for dual-channel operation) will run great and cost about half as much.

do not forget to allow yourself money to acquire windows and/or the games and programs you plan on running. windows XP home OEM costs $90, pro is $130. personally, i would spend the extra money and get XP x64, for $130. this enables you to run 64-bit versions of games you either currently own or will own in the future. remember that using xp x64 requires ALL device drivers to be 64-bit, so don't plan on throwing older hardware into a system running x64 unless you can get 64-bit drivers for said hardware.
Corsair would NOT be much cheaper for half the RAM. Corsair=50$ RIPOFF NUBLET

Zurro said:
i ended up buying one from dell at a good price. My friend bought a dell to for about 700 with AMD processor, 1gb ram and his game runs completely smooth no lag what so ever. So i ended up ordering the intel dual core processor with 1gb ram and 256mb nvidia 7300le turbocache. So i will be running the game with ease in a few days.

bad move , ...

so, spending the extra $65 on an extra gig of ram he doesn't need seems like a better investment to you...i'll bet you have a lot of extra money on your hands

corsair TWIN2X1024-4300C4.................... $125

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back