Building A Computer that Is somewhat Long Lasting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am about to build myself a custom gaming computer, although I have somewhat of a tight budget. I want to be able to make a computer that is able to last for about 4-5years (I know I am pushing it), and I would really like some help trying to pick out the right parts. By making it last, I mean the computer being able to stay up to date with current gaming requirements.

Although first, I want to know if these computer parts would be able to ensure that my computer "lasts" along time. :suspiciou

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ CPU, Socket 939, with Built-In Dual Channel Memory Controller
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
2GB OCZ Dual Channel DDR400 of RAM
En6800GT 256MB DDR PCI-E Video Card
74GB SATA150 10000RPM

Im not really worried about the CD drive/sound card, so I was just wondering about these parts.

That shoul make a good pc that will last but for 1 thing in my opinion, sata, although they are quick they dont tend to like heat. A friend of mine had an expensive sata die on him even tho it never got above 36 degrees.

Yo Zack-G is in da house! lol
anyway... thats some nice wheels you've got there!
except from the hdd its all good!

...Zack lives in Canada...i know him...and he likes me...as a friend...but he really needs a new computer... so he can play with me...online...then... i can kick his ***... i live in sweden... on msn Zack got a picture of his dog... which he claims is named rosie...ive promised him that if he ever told ANYONE that im a swe... i will come to his house... cut him... just kidding... or am I? :angel:

CHEERS MATE :wave:

That will be a great rig and very upgradeable. 939 socket can use the new dual-core CPU's (just needs a BIOS flash, and a dual-core CPU of course) if you choose to update your CPU in a couple of years and AMD is supporting the 939 socket for at least two-three years. So, basically, you have about as future proof of a PC as one can get. Just make sure to get the Venice core CPU on the 3500+. It is the latest and uses the 90nm architecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back