Building a gaming Laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the right thread

As the title implies, I am trying to build a laptop from scratch. I want it to be like a gaming laptop, so.. i want it to handle my games well and play them really well.

What I ened help with is what kind of things should I buy, and when I have figured out what to buy, how to build it then. My budget is around 900 - 1500.

Thanks - ki

Highly unlikely you can get a laptop that you can call a gaming laptop for that price. Its also just as unlikely you can build one yourself for that price. Higher end laptops from a major manufacturer are going to probably be cheaper than you can build one.

Maybe somebody will correct me, but I just don'tthink you'll be able to do what you want on that kind of a budget.

Really, is that so. Didnt know that.

Anyhow, can u name like the parts and stuff, and Ill see waht I can do with my budget.
Cause I dont know what kind of parts I need for a laptop

hmm.. laptop parts are not as available as pc parts, and might be a bit too expensive for a single person to purchase, seperate or bundled, even if you find the shop to buy from.. and branded laptops (eg compaq, dells etc) usualy get their laptops mass produced by a manufacturing plant and then just rebadge them (hence why some laptops with different brands look/feel the same).
however, you can get what tehy call "whiteboxed" units or something which is just the unit with parts, no os/progs installed or something.. but thats what i heard.... as far as how to aquire i wouldnt have a clue. but then again. i am writing this from the land of Oz, which is a few tech years/months behind the US... (industry wise i thinks)

i rekon its better off making a mini/shuttlepc or somthing and just lug a 17" screen with u.. or plug it into one of those portable lcds things like the ones for the car..... but then u'd need power.. lol...

edit: if you need a laptop with grunt i'd suggest the hp presomething zd800something.. cant recall the model.. its got a p4 chip running at 3.2GHz or 2.8, 512 mb ram (i think) lots of ports and such, 17" widescreen, 80-160gb hdd?? sorry i cant remember the specs exactly but its something like that.. on holidays from work so all that info's been shoved to the back of teh brain for now... :p :knock:

A Turion-64 or a Pentium-M running at ~2GHz will be faster for games then any Pentium 4, even an EE edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back