Building a new computer - Need advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltWaterHippo

This will be the first computer I build from scratch myself. Going to be a gaming rig, But I'm not sure if all the parts will fit together.

If anyone has the time it'd be nice if you could have a look to confirm that these parts will run together.

Motherboard
Hard Drive
Memory
Graphics Card
Processor
Case

Not found a PSU yet, if you could recommend one or give a few reliable brands that'd be great.

Thanks in advance :D

actually, thats a pretty great build, me personally i use AMD and ATi, but this system would have some kick...

But if it was me i would wait for the release of the DX10 compatable graphics card releases, because when they release the DX10 games you are stuck playing DX9 games, check out a DX10
theses cards would throw you way over budget, but if you wait and run a cheaper card or even the IGP until they release them cheaper,you will soon be getting them cheaper or for the same price as this DX9 card you picked, Until then they will kill your budget...

i couldnt find it on any uk sites, but its the Nvidia 8800GTS

Nice system! It's all compatible, I think. this would be a good power supply. I'm in the US, so I'm not sure on the following: is that price in pounds or euros?

That is a pretty good system, actually. The case looks a bit over the top, and i'm not a big ASUS fan, otherwise pretty good.

GameJunkie72792 said:
actually, thats a pretty great build, me personally i use AMD and ATi, but this system would have some kick...

But if it was me i would wait for the release of the DX10 compatable graphics card releases, because when they release the DX10 games you are stuck playing DX9 games, check out a DX10

I took that into account, But I'm not going to be using DX10 for about a year and I thought I'd get a high end PCI-E card, Mainly becuase it'll be pretty unstable for a while, there will be bugs, the DX10 graphics cards will be expensive when they come out, there will be a price drop as more advanced cards come out, plus there wont be that many games. Hopefully after a year there will be a wide range of cards games and decently maintained software.

kitty500cat said:
Nice system! It's all compatible, I think. this would be a good power supply. I'm in the US, so I'm not sure on the following: is that price in pounds or euros?

I had found this PSU. I had a look at the one you linked, probably going to go for that. I'm in the UK and we use Pounds :D

(Double post - I know)

I've ordered my parts now, I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who replied, been a great help :D

oh man! I feel bad for you guys in the UK, your prices are so high! Some nice specs in there, but ouch on the prices :s

This PSU is what I have and it's much better quality than the Hiper one and a match for the Seasonic one, except it's cheaper. You can always go Crossfire too if you want to later. Your PC is almost the same as my build, only I have 2 X1900s in Crossfire and you have a single X1950XTX ,I have the E6700 as opposed to your E6600 and I have more HDDs. But it's a smashing PC and you're guaranteed to have fun with it.
giyad said:
oh man! I feel bad for you guys in the UK, your prices are so high! Some nice specs in there, but ouch on the prices :s
Yeah well, VAT is notorious for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back