Building a new computer need an opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was think about either building a new computer or buying one the specs of the two systems are below, what would you do?

MGE TITANIUM Silver ATX Mid Tower
CHAINTECH NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939
BFG nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card 256mb
KWORLD PCI TV Tuner
LOGISYS 500W BLUE PITBULL ATX POWER SUPPLY
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
PDP SYSTEMS Memory Dual Channel Kit DDR PC-3200 1gb
Maxtor 300GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
LG Electronics DVD+/-RW 16X Mulitformat
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS
Windows XP
$1700

or

Dell 8400
Pentium 4 3.4 Ghz System 800 FSB with HT Technology
320GB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 160GB SATA HDDs)
256MB PCI-E X16 Radeon X800XT
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 Ram at 400Mhz
Windows Media Center Edition 2005
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 THX Certified Surround Sound card with DVD Audio
Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x DVD+/-RW w/double layer write capability
windows media center
$1400

It depends on what you want to do with it. You won't be able to overclock the dell but if you want to save a couple bucks go with the dell. But if I were you I would build my own. :bounce:

Build Build Build

isatippy said:
if I were you I would build my own. :bounce:

I Agree! When You Build Your Own Pc then you know how its gone together, therefore if your PC does go wrong you know how to take it apart again (if necesary) Also you have the Reasurance of Knowing how the Components have been treated during the Build Process of the System!

computing-sussed_logo_colou.png

If you are building it for gaming which it sounds like you are, I would go with the AMD system. I built one a while back with similar parts, it did give me a few problems in the begining but it runs like a top now and the BFG screams.

Build it baby

I say build it all of the way, The AMD CPU is better for gaming then that crappy P4 (which i own btw).

Sean

take tha AMD they quality, ive had P1, P2, P3, P4, Celeron and now im onto AMD Athlon 64bit (i kno there compleatly diff cpus but judging by the times i had each system (all were new when i had em) ive but never had so much performace in my gaming EVER! AMD = Cheaper+Better my view :angel: :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back