Building a Plexi Case.. Suggestions / Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

agissi

I've read a thread on here before about someone wanting to do this. I think it was SB that bought up an important point that Plexi is a great conductor of static eletricity.

How worthy would a metal mobo tray be in there? Would that only ground the motherboard? So that I dont have to spend $20 on a cheap case just to part it out, is there any way to ground the components with some wiring and a ground (only) plug? My dad does this kinda stuff so I would be able to rig about anything up.

I would still use standoff's when mounting the mobo, but would I want rubber washers/gromets between the plexi and all the hardware that gets mounted to it?

Also what would be the best way to cut a 80mm or 120mm fan hole into it - just the old dremel?

Any other comments or suggestions that would help are appreciated.

---agissi--- said:
Also what would be the best way to cut a 80mm or 120mm fan hole into it - just the old dremel?

Using a dremel would work.. but it would be a pain in the A**. I use a hole saw...seen here

I think if youcould make the project work..i would be cool...but it seems like a big hassle

Hello

That is a good creative idea.
There are anti static sprays that are clear when dry.
Even some types of hair spray will work.

:haha: HAHAHA :haha:

This is the one I've used officedepot.com

Even giving the inside of Plexi a good rub with bounce sheet can reduce static, I use them for long term storage of electronics, they help with moisture too.

hope to see some pics when you get it done...
G'Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back