Building a system ; your proffesional help needed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

alain

Thanks for reading this
I'm about to build my own computer , and although I have read many of the threads on techspot , none of them answered my questions directly.
Without furthere edo , I present my questions.

Question #1) How can I ensure that static electricy will not damage any part of my tower ? ( Please answer with as much detail as possible )

Question #2) Do you know any good sites that have good guides to building a tower ? Because to be honest with you , I don't even know how to connect tha part yet . :( . Sad but true , but I'm sure with your help I'll be building my own tower in no time .

Question #3) ....I'll come up with a Question 3 soon

Same with question 4.

And 5.

And thanks for reading again , I appreaciate it . Please answer as well as you can with as much detail as possible in words that are understandable :)

-Alain ; alaink13@gmail.com :cool:

well, i have never buiit a system before eather and i would also like i you you guys could help me, i have a few questions.

1) how do you flash BIOS and is it nessisery

2) when you connect a SATA drive you need a special power connector i saw on a web site, where do you get those.

3) do you need a 20 pin connector for the mobo or a 24 pin connector

alain said:
Thanks for reading this
I'm about to build my own computer , and although I have read many of the threads on techspot , none of them answered my questions directly.
Without furthere edo , I present my questions.

Question #1) How can I ensure that static electricy will not damage any part of my tower ? ( Please answer with as much detail as possible )

Question #2) Do you know any good sites that have good guides to building a tower ? Because to be honest with you , I don't even know how to connect tha part yet . :( . Sad but true , but I'm sure with your help I'll be building my own tower in no time .

Question #3) ....I'll come up with a Question 3 soon

Same with question 4.

And 5.

And thanks for reading again , I appreaciate it . Please answer as well as you can with as much detail as possible in words that are understandable :)

-Alain ; alaink13@gmail.com :cool:

1 get an antistatic wrist strap and connect it to the case chasis.

2 http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/how-to-guides/924_1.html A good article with photographs on how to build a pc.

Regards Howard

swker98 said:
well, i have never buiit a system before eather and i would also like i you you guys could help me, i have a few questions.

1) how do you flash BIOS and is it nessisery

2) when you connect a SATA drive you need a special power connector i saw on a web site, where do you get those.

3) do you need a 20 pin connector for the mobo or a 24 pin connector

1 Do not flash the bios unless you really have too. In order to flash your bios go to your mobo manufacturers website, and download the bios upgrade and flashing utilities, and read the instructions very carefully.

2 You can get these from almost any computer shop.

3 Most mobo`s use a 20 pin connector.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back