Building new comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
you'd better have a damn good reason for going through the trouble of water cooling. you'll only need it for an a64-based box if you're doing major overclocking.

get a zalman 7700cu, they are quiet and do a bang-up job in the cooling department. you said a 'little' overclocking, so we're not talking about much higher temps anyways.

WOW, that is one expensive PC, but I am a poor college student. I think you may be paying to much for your liquid cooling setup though. I put mine together for under $100 using a Danger Den radiator, reservoir and CPU cooler, I bought the water pump and tubing from Lowes for $15 and some water wetter from Napa (I think). Granted, this was over 2 years ago, but to me, $300 sounds like alot. Anyways, if I have one word of wisdom, buy Water Wetter! It will not breakdown like anti-freeze and it keeps all the coolers and tubing looking like new. I had to replace my coolant 2 months after I got my liquid cooling setup because I used anti-freeze and it broke down (turned into a milky-white goo, it was gross). Just water will discolor your coolers from oxidization and lowers thermal efficentcy. I've been using the water wetter stuff for over 1.5 years now and everything looks like new. Uhhh yeah, I'm rambling, looks like a fun machine! Good luck.

water cooling isn't silent on account of the pump and the other devices nessesary. the motor and whatnot usually hums and/or vibrates, making far more noise than a quailty air cooler. you said your concerns were with sound and not with heat from overclocking. trust me, that zalman is truly quiet and you probably won't hear it at all.

well ive never overclocked before, i know that eventually i will, what would u think about getting the zalman reserator-would it take out the noises of the rad fans, but i still would need that pump

the zalman 7700 is the quietest motor-driven cooler you can buy (its virtually silent, you won't hear it with the case closed). water cooling won't help you reach your goal of silence. get the zalman 7700 already, this shouldn't be a hard decision...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back