Building Woes... :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have put together a machine

mobo: Biostar Tforce4 AM2
CPU: AMD 64 Athlon x2 2.0ghz (i think its the 3800)
gfx: Nvidia GeForce4 MX 4000 (pci)
RAM: 512 DDR2
Mntr: 19"w HannsG LCD

All the fans, drives, and lights look, sound and smell fully operational, the only thing is that my Monitor is getting no signal and my keyboard and mouse arent showing any signs of life.

Anyhelp is greatly appreciated,
Otoko

Have you tried a different Monitor on that computer?

Have you tried that Monitor on a different computer?

Same for the keyboard and mouse. Do they work on another computer?

How do you know that they don't work if the monitor doesn't even come on?

Does the little green light come on the keyboard when you turn the computer on?

Does the light come on the mouse?

Have you tried a different keyboard and mouse. First thing I would troubleshoot is the Monitor because if that's not on, you can't tell if the keyboard or mouse are working.

Oh maan.
I hooked up my old monitor to the card, plugged it into a diffrent PCI slot; same result.
No lil green light on my keyboard, and my trackball mouse never showed any lights.
I got a new card, something i cant remember the name of; same result.

I couldnt find where to install the mobo speaker in the manual but the onboard LED's say its a VGA error. I dont get it. i put my old video card in two diffrent slots and bought a new one for the PCIE slot.

^_^

Turns out, the CMOS jumper wiggled itself loose. Dont know how, dont know why, but it was a massive learning experience. I thank everyone for their efforts.

(Mods, feel free to lock or delete this thread.)

Im glad you got your pc sorted!!!:)

The moderators don't lock or delete threads as they are often a good source of information for others with similar problems!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back