Built new computer but moniter not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I just finished getting my part's yesterday for my new computer the other day and began working on it this morning. The only thing's I'm keeping off my old computer was my HD's (2 SATA), DVD drives, and PSU (Antec Neo 450w). So i went ahead, pulled out all my old part's and began to throw together my new computer. Well, to my demise, everything seemed to work other then the moniter! So for the last hour I've been searching around trying to find why this is happening, and I can't find anything that helps. Anywho, time for the part list!

Case: Antec P180 Advanced
Mobo: GA-M59SLI-S5
Processor: AMD64 X2 6000+
Video Card: EVGA e-Geforce 8600GT Superclocked
RAM: Crucial BallistiX Tracer 2GB PC2-6400 Dual Channel DDR2 Kit w/ LED (2 x 1GB)

Now as for my moniter, I KNOW it works, it's only about 2 months old and I just tested it on my laptop. But when I connect it to the video card, it doesn't work for some reason! It seems as though everything from the fans to the harddrives run, even the fan on the video card works, but I dunno, it confuses me xD

XP should give you basic vga graphics,Have you installed XP ?
Then you install the video card drivers.
Does your monitor come on and show the led light ?
If it's just blank you can't have it connected right.
Did you connect it to the Geforce connection ?
Then If you have Internal video,disable it.

The mobo does not have internal video, or else I would hook the moniter to that right now, also I tried all three PCI Express slots. The moniter does turn on, it just doesn't get a display, says "check signal cable". Also, ATM, I took my mobo out of the case, and only have the video card and one stick of ram in, and I'm still getting the problem. I have also tried a second video card, and the same thing happens.

You need a technision to do this.You don't seem to understand
Installing video cards or monitors.
How many cards have you bought so far ?
PCI Express slots accept 2 different types of cards.
In ,my case anyway.
Get help or read the manuals.I had no trouble with my ATI X1650 PCIx.
I have an x4 and an x16 slot.You have to use the right one.
It was all explained in my Motherbook Manual.
asus P5K-VM

I know quite a bit about computers, as I have built one before...

The GA-M59SLIE-S5 has 3 PCI Express slots and 2 PCI. I recently got the 8600 GT yesterday, along with the rest of my parts. The other card I tried was my old one. In other words, I took out the new card and put in an older one, to see if there was a chance that the 8600 GT was fried.

As for reading the manual, I have it right beside me, opened, trying to troubleshoot whats going on.

Well that just leaves a fried monitor,try it on another PC.
How old and what is it ?
I,ve built a few,that always worked right away.First i study the manuals,
not later.
edit
Just read you first post,the monitor is still warranted,take it back.

First off, I skimmed through the manual before I started, and followed it as I built it. Second, my monitor is only about 2 months old and is a Samsung Syncmaster 932B plus, and it is not shot, as I've already tried it on 2 other computers. And the last computer I built worked perfectly.

Anywho, I believe the problem is the mobo. As I tried the 8600 GT on my old mobo, and I managed to get display.

When you started your computer did you everything come on except the motherboard? If so it maybe the motherboard like you said. As I just had that happen to me when I built a computer, were you wearing a anti-static strap when building it?

No post eh, Luckily i can say I have never experienced this building PC's. It sounds like a mobo to me, does it beep or anything?

If the motherboard doesn't come on,nothing will.
I know,it happened to me.
But all the components where ok in a new motherboard.
Never did know why this happened,I have good surge protection.
$10,000 insured.But had no evidence to apply for insurance,either by
them or my Home Insurance.

Nope, no beeps. It turns on and everything powers up, other then the PCI Express slots. I can even hear the HD's start up. And while no, I do not have a anti-static strap, I was keeping myself grounded the whole time, so I doubt that's the reason.

Anywho, I managed to get in contact from who I ordered the pieces from, and are getting ready to replace it. So yay xD

So who helped the most ? Who or what is xD ?
I was following this comment,

Anywho, I believe the problem is the mobo. As I tried the 8600 GT on my old mobo, and I managed to get display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back