Built PC but confused!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought an abit IP35-E and it does not have an onboard video out .( why , I don't know) I added a PCI-E card, but I cannot see anything on the monitor. everything else seems to be just fine , Ram Hard drive and chip, what seems to be the problem

Do you get a POST (Power on self test) beep on startup? You should have only one.
It might not be a graphics card problem!

Hello, thebestrmt, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, if nothing happens after you press the power button and you don't get a POST (as albert said) then you could have a power supply or motherboard problem. Also it could be something like you may not have connected the power supply up correctly :)

I get no beep!!!

Thanks AlbertLionheart for the info. I turn on the computer and get no beep. I will try a different graphics card. should I get a card that has a VGA port and a DMI port. will that make a difference? I also should have bought the intel board I had in mind instead of being told that the abit IP35-e was just as good. The Intel board was a DP35DPM model #. I think I should have waited for that one. also I bought a ULTRA case with a 500 watt PS.

NO beep is bad news. Leaving the RAM in place, disconnect everythingfrom the board and reconnect only the power supply connectors and the speaker (if not on-board)
Start it by shorting the pins for the front panel power button connector.
If it works with a single beep, reconnect one piece at a time until you find the problem.
If this is no good, take the board out of the sytem and try on a static mat. Check that there are not too many of the brass support studs - these can cause a short under the board.

No Beep is bad news

Thanks for the instructions. I'll try that and let ya know what happens.
Where do U live by the way? I live in Dallas Texas

Home is middle England - politically, economically, geographically and socially. Boring. Never been to Dallas but spent lots of time in Louisville KY.

In middle England

thats cool. I have a friend in London. a James Waller . He is a programmer. He travels back and forth to dallas . Me and my roommate R trying to go over there to see him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back