Bullseye browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

I have been bombarded by these just lately, half a dozen or more, every time I use my IE browser, now I guess what a lot of you will say, "change your browser", but I don't want to do that, it suits me fine.
write%20a%20letter.gif
how do I get these, by the "back door", I guess, but why?

Maurice
read.gif

Mindspin, the other members have "known" me for quite some time, I'm an old guy, haven't been with computers for long, just over two years, & am very cautious, my motto is "better the devil you know, than the devil you don't", by the way, welcome to TS!, not sure how many members are from, or living in, Holland, have a good look round, the gallery is VERYgood, also, please have a look at my profile.

Poerter, I guessed that it might be as you say, thanks for reassuring me, I just hoped that a trojan, undetected wasn't letting things in, I always keep Adaware updated.
Maurice
sunglasses2.gif

poertner_1274 said:
It's probably more spyware and adware, I'd keep running Spybot and AdAware with the latest updates.

G'day Maurice, just to add to Poertner's comment with regards to Spybot S&D.
Keep the TeaTimer running in your system tray too.
Currently blocking 1,173 processes.

G'day to you too, E.G,.....er, just what the blue 'roo is "Tea Timer", you wouldn't be joshin' a Pom, would you?,....nah, I guess it's another blocker?, bet my didgeridoo it is!
Apologies!, I'm NOT taking the p***, just some harmless fun, forgive me?

Maurice
thumbs-up.gif

The real worry down here is the 'Drop Bears" . . . :)~
I'm not pulling your leg either.

Run Spybot S&D . . . select "Tools"
Select "Resident"
On this page tick the boxes marked "SDHelper" & "TeaTimer".

A good description is given on the page as to what they do.

As for Xmas . . LOL . . I'll get the same thing as I got last year . . . but a different colour . . nothing.

Hello Maurice.

Please take a look at this thread by RBS It will help you to avoid the nasties.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic17297.html

I don`t want to preach at you but, I would seriously consider giving Firefox a try.

It`s far more secure than IE and you wouldn`t have anywhere near the amount of problems that you are having with IE.

Go on take the plunge and try Firefox. If you don`t like it then you can always uninstall it if you want.

You can get Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Regards and best wishes Howard
bluegrab.gif
bluegrab.gif

Right, E.G., what is all this, cobber? no Xmas pressies?, don't believe ya, mate, you saying no shielas sent ya any anythin',....rubbish!
I will have a look at your Spybot suggestion.

Hi, Howard, I'm a coward, [hey, I'm a poet, & don't know it!,] you know me well, I might pluck up courage,....on the other hand.
Like your animated smilies, where did you get?
I tried d/l the Getsmile update they offered, but ****ed it up, I did a search, & have a desktop icon, but can't access, do I use RAR, or what?.....help!!!

Maurice
dummhead.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back