Burner won't work with any software

Status
Not open for further replies.

poertner_1274

I am sitting at my fiance's house, and was going to burn a few things they have on their computer, but for some reason their burner has NEVER worked. I am not sure why they didn't return it to the store, but they didn't.
Anyway I have installed Nero, CDRwin, MusicMatch Jukebox, and DiscJuggler. None of these have ever worked. I keep getting an error. Something about write time failed. Here is exactly what it says

Caching of files started
Caching of files completed
Simulation started at 12x
Simulation completed successfully at 12x
Burn process started at 12x
CD-RW CRW2040---Medium speed error
CD-RW CRW2040---Invalid writestate
CD-RW CRW2040---Could not perform EndTrack
Burn porcess failed at 12x

I get this error on any speed. I am completely clueless as to where to go from here. The burner works as a CDrom drive. Any help would be great.

The writer is an AOpen CRW2040
Running Win 2000
AMD XP 1700+
512MB Ram
AOpen AK77 Pro MOBO
AOpen DVD drive
Zip drive
Yadda Yadda Yadda :)

Thx again.

Last time I had something similar it was that the data cable needed to be replaced.

Also, a reinstallation would be good.

Ok, I am back again. I have tried fixing this thing multiple times, but to no avail. Before I coulnd't get into the system because they had a warranty on stuff, so I couldnt' break the seal on the back, but now I can. Don't ask me why they didn't take it back to get it fixed in the first place, but whatever.....

Anyway, any suggestions would be great, I am going to try and work on it this weekend, when I can take it apart and see what the deal is.

I think it can read thigns ok, just can't burn.

if you have another burner available then I would first try it in the machine since it may be that the burner itself is defective.

You see the problem is, it isn't my burner, I can burn things whenever I want. So your immature little comments do no more than waste everyones time. Please refrain from posting this crap anymore.

all of this apparently has put you in a bad mood

and, i was, just trying to be friendly............it wasn't,....... a cd i was referring to..........and, from the sounds of it.........you should do the same
;)
*i guess being from .......misery,......... and, being....... a newlywed,...... keeps you ..........miserable :mad:

That's a good question - however, I've often seen defective writers read no problem but fail on every write.

Yes it will read things, just won't burn anything. I'm not sure when I will go work on it, I am just trying to get some ideas for when I do go over there. I have a feeling it has something to do with the drive itself, or the firmware.

Poerter, My friend is having the same problem as you! It'll read every kind of cd (not dvd ofcourse, its a CDRW burner/reader), burned or not, but it will not burn itself. The same

'Caching of files started
Caching of files completed
Simulation started at 12x
Simulation completed successfully at 12x
Burn process started at 12x
CD-RW CRW2040---Medium speed error
CD-RW CRW2040---Invalid writestate
CD-RW CRW2040---Could not perform EndTrack
Burn porcess failed at 12x "

thing pops up in nero too. Weird huh. So I got another person that would be very gratious for an answer ;) Unfortuantly, I dont know how to fix the problem myself...hence my friend is still dealing with a non-burning burner.

it's not the burner

but the software driving the burn is corrupted.....happened to me in adaptec's easy cd creator as well as sonic foundry.........what i had to do was completely glean all remnants of adaptec from my regeistry/etc........... regcleaner or some other software cleaners may work............but, duplicity is at fault in the files, a whole bunch of bogus bullcrap.......especially with all of the conflicting programs you installed to try to remedy the problem...adaptec dug in like a tick...give that machine an enema.....nero was the answer ....post clean-up....for me..so far

Have you tried installing the burner into your own pc? If it works with your pc, then there must be some corrupted files in your fiance's pc. If it doesn't then, there is really a problem with the burner itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back