Burning DVD/CD in the lovely Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all

Just purchased a lovely new Atapi DVD Dual Layer +/-R/RW. Put a blank DVD-R in the drive windows asked me what i wanted to do, I choose to open the write folder. So I try to drag something into the folder and I get this error:

Problem Copying
Windows encountered a problem while trying to copy this file. What do you want windows to do?

Retry or Cancel

tried retry, nothing, I wasn't very happy. So then I try to create a folder in the new DVD Write box and I get ANOTHER error:

Unable to create the foler "New Folder"

File System Error (16389)

Any Ideas?

Regards

James

What DVD writnig software are you using? you arent trying to write a DVD using the rudimentary CD burning function in windows are you?

Yeah I'm using the one in windows, I don't see why that's a problem it was fine when I was using my CD-RW to write CD's so I don't know why it's different with a DVD-RW

it's different becuase the native windows burning program only supports Cd writing it does not support DVD writng. if you want to write DVD's then you need burning software to do it. if you bought a retail version of the DVD burner you have then there should be burning software with it. if you bought a OEM that didnt come with burning software then your either going to have to buy some or use freeware like DeepBurner.

ah I see, thats great man thanks for your help. I've just ordered Nero 6 so that should do the trick. I'm suprised that Windows doesn't support DVD burning!

regards

FYI, Go to Nero 's web site and read up on installation notes, conflicts, etc.
Be sure and turn off windows CD writing app.
Nero is a great choice I have used it for years, but like all writing software , they are sensitive to all other similar programs loaded on your machine. A little homework can save you a lot of grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back