Burning DVDs faster

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcinfoman

I am using Nero to burn my dvds. When I copy a dvd, it only takes about 5 minutes to make a backup of one of my dvd movies onto a 4GB blank dvd. Yet, when I use Nero to turn a bunch of AVI into a dvd (not just a data dvd but a movie dvd), it takes about 2 hours to burn that 4GB DVD.

Can somebody explain to me why this is? Is there a way i can get this done alot faster?

The extra time witht he AVI fiels is probably due to Nero converting the AVI files to burnt hem.

iss said:
The extra time witht he AVI fiels is probably due to Nero converting the AVI files to burnt hem.
Is there any way around this? Is there a better program than Nero? A faster program than Nero?

Converting takes a lot of processor power, changing programs likely wouldn't save you much if any time. If you have a dvd player that can play divx or xvid then maybe you don't even need to convert, just burn them as data dvd. That is really the only way you'll get the task done sooner.

Your other option is to buy a faster processor and get more ram.

this is rendering new format for dvd system
avi is converted to mpeg file could be a svcd mpeg 2 or dvd movie format
these change the size and quility of movie view
nero can change a 2gb avi in about 1 1/2 hrs then you need to author I don't use nero to author movies I use dvdlab pro take about 15 min or less to to the finish but that does not include time making the menu's if you want to get fancy
if only watching on a pc you don't need to do any of this burn the avi file right to disc
you will need the right player and codecs to view on any machine you plug this in to
last time I did a test on nero for authoring dvd it showed 4.5 gb to take 6hrs
the menu was pretty fancy I went back to dvdlab pro and did it in 20 min

it should say encoding in the "Status" bar...

If it doesnt, there may be something wrong with your drive.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back