Buying a new computer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not quite sure if this is the appropriate place for this or if you've been asked this a million times..but

I'm looking for a new laptop. I currently have a Dell laptop. I recently had to reformat and reinstall Windows. Everything is all wonky still missing lots of drives and I keep just going in circles and I'm just fed up with it and Dell.

I had a Compaq growing up and it was a pain as well. So now I've gotten leery or Compaq's/HP's.

I just want a nice, dependable, fast computer. I'd like to spend $1000 or less. I've been leaning towards Toshiba. Any thoughts or suggestions. I'd just like some input from some people who really know what they are talking about.

Thank you!

Before you buy anything, you need to be sure about what jobs you want the thing to do for you. If you want to do basic office type work, (letters, spreadsheets, presentations etc) you could go for a machine with a decent screen but not so much RAM, HDD space for example. If you want a games machine, everything will have to be top end specs.
Personally I favour Acer machines - I have had them for years and never had any trouble with them.

Yes don't buy another DELL, Toshiba is good ACER is also good even Compaq V6000 series are very good. Today is not like prior you don't have to spend a lot to get a good laptop. All are made in China that brings down the cost. ACER just took over Gateway.

Price: ACER $398, $498, $598
Features: Compaq V6000 $650 Avg..
Bag for the buck High End Laptops from Hypersonic EQ7 or SR7 (these got high reviews)
http://www.hypersonic-pc.com/2001/systems-mobile.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back