Buying a new Creative Sound Blaster card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadcell

anyone know a good sound card (Like not over 80$) that will work with my Dell Demension E310 that can run some of the "latest games" (because this term has been way overused in the forums) (I'm speaking especially for games like COD, the Battlefield Series, etc. I have (or am close to getting) a good graphic card but don't really know much about sound cards. My computer only has the Integrated Audio Card on the mobo and i don't know whether i need to update. On a game box i have, it says the "sound card should be DX 9.0c compatible," but, unlike many graphic card reviews, cards on NewEgg and the Creative website don't specify whether its DX compatible. I don't want anything expensive (over 100$) or macho. Just something to get me by. Thanks to all who reply!

dx has nothing to do with sound, so forget about that
if you really feel like buying a new spu, you can get the Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic for less than 100$
be wary that Vista support isn't so good for it yet (or so I've heard)

Very true indeed.
The X-treme Music is dicontinued and is replaced with the X-treme Gamer. Both cards are basically the same. Stay away from the X-treme Audio, it's not a real X-fi. I bought one and now I'm in the process of getting an X-treme Music (found on ebay). Going to put the Audio one in my old P4 system. It's better than the Audigy SE but it's a re-badged Audigy that uses your cpu for processing and they put the X-fi label on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back