Buying laptop for school/gaming help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Haven't posted in a while. Well college is coming around and i NEED a laptop, I'll use it for notes, papers, projects, and homework, but that's not what I'm worried about

I'm very OCD about what I buy. I have around 1200-1500 to spend, and i want the best bang for my buck. I want a gaming laptop, that's at least somewhat solid, what am I looking at with that price range?

You're going to need more money for a good gaming laptop.

Ok I did a little searching and I found a list of mobile video devices.

Nvidia GeForce Go7600
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600
ATI Mobility Radeon X1700
Nvidia GeForce 8400M-GT
Nvidia GeForce Go7700
Nvidia GeForce Go7600GT
Nvidia GeForce 8600M-GS
Nvidia GeForce 8600M-GT
Nvidia GeForce Go7800
ATI Mobility Radeon X1800
Nvidia GeForce 8700M-GT
Nvidia GeForce Go7900GS
ATI Mobility Radeon X1900
Nvidia GeForce Go7800GTX
ATI Mobility Radeon X1800XT
Nvidia GeForce Go7900GTX
Nvidia GeForce Go7950GTX

Look for a laptop that you can afford with at least one of the above, 2GB of memory for Windows Vista and the mobility processor of your choice. The farther you go down the list the faster and more expensive the video will be. All the recognized brand names I saw where $2000.00 and up.

ibuypower is okay, but for the money I think the Dell (in this case anyway) is better. Intel all the way. I don't think the Vostro has the option of AMD. If you do go with Intel make sure that it is a Core2Duo not a Core Two, there is a difference.

nickslick do you have a ps3? I think you're on my friends list lol

anyways DEFINATLEY intel over AMD, are you sure, I'm gunna go out and buy one.

alright core 2 duo it is then, weird coincidence my friend has the same name lol. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back