Buying new PC speakers, suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave8603

Looking for good deals, I have a good amount of money to work with but don't wanna go crazy. I would also appreciate if anyone could point me to a good, reliable review site for speakers. Thanks.

Hmm, what brands are you familair with, and what will you be doing mainly?

I'm not necessarily looking for any big brand names, I just wanted really good quality speakers for a good price to play games and listen to music with. I'm gonna start Prey soon and I have an Audigy 2 card so I figured I should make better use of that. Right now I just have the stock harmon kardon speakers from Dell. I was thinking of some type of 2.1 or 5.1 speakers.

Well, for a good 2.1 system i would recommend one of altec lansings highend 2.1 systems, or klipsch 2.1's. If you would want to go 5.1, then deff the klipsch Ultras, about 350$ or one of logitech's 5.1 systems.

Logitech

I have and highly recommend, the Logitech z5500d 5.1 speakers. They are hooked to a Soundblaster X-Fi card, and they a great. 500 watts, and clear, clean response. The sub faithfully presents the lows, not just "thumps" like some do. They can be had around $250 USD.:grinthumb

I think I might go with the z-5500s. Those look like the best for the price and I was checking around, I definitely want optical inputs. Thanks for all the help. My last question has to do with my soundcard. I currently have an older Audigy 2 card. I've been thinking that this is pretty decent and I should get better speakers for it than the stock ones the computer came with. Would I have to upgrade the card or could this card handle the z-5500s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back