bypassing windows 2000 Admistration

Status
Not open for further replies.

martious

I recently got a computer that was owned by a small company and the account is the administrator as well as a nother average account, Iv tryed the default for administrator but does not work so cant get passed the log in screen.and cant change anything in average account. a solution would be great. thanks

is there a way to bypass administrator ???????.
or change user settings on average account???.

Is the account name called "Administrator" or is it under a different name with administrative priveleges? By default windows has a Administrator account built in, but it's hidden. Most people don't even pay attention to it.

If it's not called Administrator. You can boot into safe mode by pressing F8 during start up. By default the password is blank. If the person did manage to lock down the account then there is no easy answer. There are cracks you can google but there are no gurantees any of them are safe.

If you were to google a password resetter or something itd probably be under a search phrase like "SAM FILE EDITOR" or something considering the SAM file is what has the encrypted password inside of it.

Theres no way to get the admin password? Are there crucial files on the computer?

Besides this I'm not sure. I've heard of people doing weird lil tweaks to get in.

Martiouses reply

yes the account is "Administrator" and there are NO serious files can live with out them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back