C-Media causing BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a problem with my onboard sound, its a C-Media AC97 device with latest driver. When im playing eve-online I keep getting blue screen of doom. I've disabled the restart after crash thing and have a minidump file that says it is probably the cmuda.sys file causing the problem.
Is there a fix for this because C-Media don't want to know and Microsoft say "refer to C-Media". The driver is approved and signed my microsoft....slightly embarasing for them I should think.

I couldn't work out how to copy the text from the dump file in the command area so attached file will need to be read with windows de-bugging tools.
Hope some one here can help with this.

Edit: The bsod only happens whe playing games, media players and applications don't have a problem. I don't have any virus or malware and I did a clean install of windows xp 3 days ago :)

Go to safe mode, run driver cleaner,,, reboot,, install latest official mobo and sound drivers,, gl,

Try lowering the sound's hardware acceleration:

TS Soundcard & Speakers tweak guide
1. Click on Start, Settings, then Control Panel. If you have Windows 2000/Millennium Edition or XP installed note the icon names as shown in brackets below.

2. Open the Multimedia (Sounds & Multimedia or Sounds & Audio Devices) icon.

3. Select the Audio tab, select the Advanced Properties (Advanced) button, then the Performance tab.

4. Move the Hardware acceleration slider to the 2nd notch to the Left (Basic Acceleration).

This procedure does however disable 3D Audio, e.g. DirectSound3D & all reliant extensions, such as EAX. As such this should only be considered a temporary solution to your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back