.Cab Problems! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EsTeBaNo

Data.cabs are all screwed up?

I Have GTA San andreas cd. Everything original.
But now when i try to install it i get this cyclic redundancy problem.
All the data.cabs arent working and the cd isnt so dirty or with scratchs in it.
Please Help!
I Also uninstalled D-Tools wich i heard it may cause problems

Are you sure you got rid of the D-Tools completely? Check the hidden devices in Device Manager.

Try copying the CD contents to your hard drive and then run setup?

Alright this is annoying i cant open any cab of any game. I Tried with another cd and still the same

Hello!
I Been having some problems installing data cabs. A Almost new GTA San andreas is giving me problems about some Cyclic redundancy or something problems with the data.cabs and this is the first tiem this happens to me since i already had it installed but had to re-install it.
And i have one game zipped, when i tried to unzip it, it gave me the same problem with all the damned cabs. What the hell is going on?
And when i try to open the .cab it sez its corrupt or in a format windows cant read, Btw the corrupt cab message im getting when i click the thing is in english, and my pc is in spanish, What the hell?
i uninstalled Daemon to see if that fixed the problem but it didnt worked...
Is Daemon tools causing this?
Thanks a lot!
Btw i posted this first at the Gaming section but i think i posted it wrong, so...
Im posting this here :)

Daemon tools, I am not farmiliar with.

Cyclic Redundacy is telling you that your info is either corrupt and or the CD is scratched in that particular block and its unable to read past that data.

Alright i think i figured it out... I Have Winrar installed, It associates cab files too... I Just unmarked the CAB Extraction option and it now works fine... But the GTA San andreas... CD Is DEAD lol.
Thx!
Btw Daemon is a program that lets you mount .IMG ISO And some other Disc Images files, Like if you had A CD Inside your pc.
It also lets you create virtual drives.

You are not supposed to open the .cab files! Duh! Only some CABs are in a standard format that WinRAR and suchlike can open and even then there is little need to do that.. You install things by running a .exe file or a .msi file.

If the installer says a .cab is corrupt, then it means there were some issues reading from the CD. Sometimes this can be fixed by copying the whole CD contents to a folder on a hard drive or disabling your antivirus software. Some copy protection schemes also use "weak" sectors so you end up with corrupt files on bootleg copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back