Call land lines from a wireless hotel internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stay in hotels 25 to 30 days per month and get online via the hotels wireless high speed (supposedly) connection. How can I make calls to other telephones through my PC? I would prefer to have two way communication to the other phones but my most pressing need right now is simply to listen in on conference calls taking place. Right now I just use my cell phone with the speaker and mute button on so I can do other things while I listen but that is getting way too expensive.

Thanks

tennisngolf said:
I stay in hotels 25 to 30 days per month and get online via the hotels wireless high speed (supposedly) connection. How can I make calls to other telephones through my PC? I would prefer to have two way communication to the other phones but my most pressing need right now is simply to listen in on conference calls taking place. Right now I just use my cell phone with the speaker and mute button on so I can do other things while I listen but that is getting way too expensive.

Thanks
Several programs such as skype etc allow you to ring landlines using any highspeed connnection., there is a charge however, as with new technology it isn't cheap,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back