Call of Duty 4 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since installing COD4 a few weeks ago and updating to 1.4 I have been having a random shutdown problem.

I have the following setup on my computer:
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor 2.6GHz Socket AM2
  • Foxconn C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
  • Dual Foxconn FV-N88SMBD2-ODOC GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported HDCP Video Card
  • Integrated sound until my sound card arrives
  • Antec True-Power 650W Power Supply
  • 4x BUFFALO Firestix 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
  • Coolmax Cosmos Full Tower case with 4 120mm fans

I'm currently running Windows XPsp2 until my new copy of Vista Ultimate arrives. I do not have any additional cooling on the machine at this time though I will be buying a Zalman fan cooler for the processor.

The problem is this....

When I'm playing any other game, from WoW to Battlefield 2 to America's Army I have no problems. When I'm doing anything "normal" on my computer, I have no problems. When I'm playing CoD4 (with or without patches) the computer will randomly shut down in both single player and multi-player modes.

Do you have the 'Dual Core Optimizer' fix installed? It fixes issues specifically related to gaming on X2 CPUs. Download it from here if you don't have it yet.

Looks like Vista (received last night) solved the problem. Now I just need to fix my audio situation (caused by Vista) and I'm good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back