Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 reveal event has multiplayer, Zombies and a new battle royale...

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Activision during a community reveal event on Thursday shared the worldwide reveal trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4's multiplayer mode.

Based on the trailer alone, we can see that Black Ops 4's multiplayer mode follows the familiar formula albeit with some key changes. For starters, Activision confirmed that there will be no thrust jumping or wall running - futuristic features introduced in recent CoD games that some players weren't a fan of.

Activision also introduced three Zombies experiences which will be available from launch day: Blood of the Dead, IX and Voyage of Despair.

Last but certainly not least is the new battle royale mode dubbed Blackout.

As rumored, there will be no traditional campaign mode in Black Ops 4.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is scheduled to arrive on October 12, 2018, on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

The sign that this is going to be another stupid game is that the creators forgot that that the Roman Numeral for 4 is not IIII.

The zombie scenarios look alright but the rest of it looks just like your typical "speedball" run n' gun but with no SP campaign. Terrible.

I stopped buying the later versions past Black Ops 3 because of stupid programmers.
Many problems exist in their later zombie games (I only play for the local zombies - 2 or 3 friends sitting in one room playing):

1.) You can NOT PAUSE a Zombies multi-player LOCAL game anymore. You better hope none of the players has to go to the bathroom during your game play! It's a LOCAL game I select and yet I can NOT PAUSE my game??? Who the heck thinks of these stupid rules?

2.) I need a pair of binoculars to read the tiny print showing stats / money totals during the game while playing on a 50+" TV. At least I could read this info in BO1&2.

3.) Super lengthy, *****ic Easter eggs that take forever and make no sense.

4.) Early level zombies are faster than Usain Bolt. Really?
Black Ops 1 & 2 maps / zombies were so much better than later versions because zombies acted like what zombies should be. Also, BO1 allowed an EASY / ORIGINAL mode and if you're playing local, who cares about having the best internet score?

5.) When you go down, you can't throw a monkey or grenades (you never could in any BO game, but that's just plain stupid thinking... You know, like in real combat, if you get wounded, you can't use your main gun anymore and can only use a pistol... PS: That's sarcasm there)

6.) Stupid Nuclear Bombs kill everything and if it killed 1 zombie that was left, you get 400 points... If it killed 30 or 40 zombies that were left... guess what... you only get 400 points... What the??? They steal more points than they're worth.

Sorry... It's real hard for me to be enthusiastic about any of the later / new zombie games anymore because of my favorite motto... "I HATE STUPID PROGRAMMERS!!!"

Back