Can a Dell Latitude C600's graphics card be replaced/upgraded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martindeck

My notebook is a Latitude C600 with an 8MB video card. I want to play games which require 32Mb video card. Can I replace / upgrade my current video card? any suggestions of what to do? buying a new one is out of the question.

Replaced, yes. Upgraded, not easily. There are some cards for Dell Inspiron which will fit... but the differences are not very noticeable. That computer was built five years ago, as I recall, and not much is available except refurbs and service parts.

parts

hi there,

I managed to find my old laptop from the dust cupboard and was just wondering where do you get these refurb parts? and what parts do you recommend for ugrading the graphics, memory and processor for the c600?

if you could let me know that would be great. as i have a business laptop and desktop but want something to mess around with on my days off.

You cannot upgrade the graphics in the C600 without replacing the motherboard, and there are none I know of with better graphics that will fit.
As for memory, it has two slots. Each slot will accept a maximum of one 256 mb module of 144 pin SODIMM PC133 memory per slot for a total of 512 MB. The memory will cost you about $35 including shipping if you shop carefully.
Processor cannot be changed out as it is soldered in, if my memory is working right.
The computer sells for $150 on eBay... maximum...
Hard drive will cost you about $60 for 80 GB.
Time for a change up.

s***

Cheers. i thought i could have got away with it but hey. looks like i need a new one. annoying though considering. i have 2 computers and a work laptop.

recommend any good cheap laptops for messing around with? i.e. possible upgrades or good for quick gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back