Can a person get their outlook when they are traveling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Is there a way for a person to get their email through outlook when they are on the road. I also mean the stuff that is in the outlook folder on my home computer.

Only usable way to do it would be to set up some remote desktop software on the home computer and connect to it whenever needed.

depends on your email provider. I have roadrunner and when I am out of the area, I am forced to log in to their website and retrieve mail remotely.

outlook/ thunderbird won't work outside the local server area.

try using the free remote software from logmein.com, it allows full access to your desktop computer while you are traveling.

Do you have outlook on the mobile computer to. If so you should be able to set the same credentials as your home computer to get your email from outlook.

Then when you get back home you can upload or download your email to your other computer. I do it all the time.

ingeborgdot said:
Is there a way for a person to get their email through outlook when they are on the road. I also mean the stuff that is in the outlook folder on my home computer.

Read the question before answering?

Use the same stuff(username pop3 etc.) and you can remote desktop to your computer, ftp, (if you can set your computer up to do it),

Remote desktop would be the best I have used it with other computers

And when your at home set up your outlook to leave messages on the server. (this way they will always be there. When you download them you will be downloading the messages and a copy will be left on the server for you to access it on the road.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back