can any one help me with a few questions about a gameing computer i have found plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosgothhunter

Hello :)
Just to warn you im new-ish to hard ware so please go easy :) anwyay i was searching on net and found a computer which looks really good to me for playing games on. (im talking about games which are around now and ones in the future) But i dont know if its too good to be true at the low pirce of £1150! dosnt have a monitor tho :( anyway this is its specs and the questions will be after.

Manufacturer AMD
CPU Rating 4000+ 1MB L2 Cache
Socket Type SOCKET 939
Bus Frequency 2400MHz
Cache Memory 512KB L2

memory
DDR
Size(MB) 2048MB (2GB)
Bus Speed 400
Pins 184

Mother Board

Manufacturer Gigabyte SLI Ready
CPU Socket Type Socket 939 supports AMD Athlon64 X2/ 64 FX/ 64
Supported CPUs Socket 939 supports AMD Athlon64 X2/ 64 FX/ 64
Front Side Bus 1600 Mt/s
Form Factor ATX, 305mm x191mm
Memory Type Dual channel DDR400/ 333/ 266 -184pin
Max Memory Up to 4GB by 4 DIMM slots
Memory Slots 4 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets
Firewire 2 x IEEE 1394b connectors (supports 3 ports)
Onboard Audio Realtek ALC850 Audio AC'97 Codec
Onboard VGA None
Onboard LAN CICADA8201 Gigabit LAN PHY chip
Onboard SATA 4 X Serial ATA || connectors (3.0Gb/s)
PCI Slots 2 x PCI-Express X 16 slot, supports two PCI-Express interface Graphics cards with SLI mode, 2 x PCI-Express X 1 slots, 2 x PCI slots (PCI 2.3 compliant)
No of USB Ports 6xUSB 2.0 ports from chipset backwards compatible USB 1.1devices

hard drive

Manufacturer IBM / HITACHI or Maxtor
Interface IDE
Capacity 200 GB
Rotation Speed (rpm) 7200 rpm
Cache 8MB

Graphic card
Manufacturer Nvidia Geforce
Bus Type PCX (PCI Express) 16X
Chipset Nvidia 7800GTX
Onboard Memory 256MB DDR3
TV-out Yes
DVI Yes

Optical drive
Manufacturer Samsung / Philips
CD Reading Speed 48x
DVD Reading Speed DVD: 16x CAV (max. 22,000 Kbytes/s) / CD: 48x CAV (max. 7,200 Kbyte/s)
Write Speed CD-R: 48x (max 7,200 Kbyte/s) CD-RW: 24X (MAX. 3,600 Kbyte/s)
DVD Write Speed DVD-R:16x (max.22,000 Kbyte/s) DVD-RW: 6x ZCLV (max8,200 Kbyte/s) DVD-R DL1: 4x (max. 5,500) DVD+R: 16x (max22,000 Kbyte/s) DVD+R9: 4x CLV (max 5,500 Kbyte/s) DVD+RW: 8x ZCLV (max11,500 Kbyte/s)

its also got a good 5.1 sound card

Now to me that looks really really good for games (it also allows you to add another graphics card) I think. any way heres my questions

1) is AMD process good for carrying out day to day tasks like video editing (home movies) word processing etc.

2) will this be able to play games which come out in 2 or 3 years time?

3: will i be able to add hard drives?

4: is there anything else i need to know?

5: is it worth the price? anyway thank you so much for any help you can give

6: will i be able to add other drives like DVD-ROM?
from
Adam!

P.s Sorry for my bad spelling.. :(

1) yes.
2) no one knows.
3) probably since the board has 4 sata connectors in all (one which is probably used by the IBM drive listed)
4) bread & butter tastes good.
5) it depends on the warranty.
6) probably, the board can have 4 IDE devices in all & there's only one right now (the DVD burner).

nah bread and butter tastes better if you put baked beans all over it :D

5) "it depends on the warranty"

the what now? lol do you mean the garentee? :/ (bad spelling)
thisis what it says :)

All brand new equipment comes with 3 years RTB Warranty. year 1 parts and labour and year 2nd and 3rd labour only.
All second user systems an components come with a 30 days RTB warranty. This information is correct unless otherwise stated on the auction page.
All our computers systems come with a 12 months RTB warranty. We do not cover software problems ,virus Attacks, incompatibility with older peripherals. Shipping charges are non refundable Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.
(you can probley tell its E-bay lol)

see what it is, is a guy in town says he can make a good pc for about £1000 (with out monitor) which has 2 graphic cards a AMD processor 3600+ i think and so on. But i dont know which to get! this one sounds better as it is a 4000+ (4.0ghz?) just i dont wana spend another £1000 in 3 years just so i can play newer games :( wouldnt be too bad if it was upgradeable i suppose :) thank for your help :) x

Any game.

Yes, most definately.

The 7800GTX is the best vid card on the planet and the AMD64 4000+ with the GigaBit mobo is also excellent. Not sure if your RAM is an issue, don't know the brand. With AMD64 CPUs, it's all about latency, 2-2-2-5-7 is the best on the market, so look up your RAM specs.
This is a minor point and is more for the Extreme OCers out there.

With SLI mobos in the future you can buy a second 7800GTX and use dual vid cards to trash gaming opponents. Also mobo can go to 4GB of RAM.

What PSU does it come with? You're gonna need at least 550W, best to go with 600W. Make sure the 12V has at least 26-30amps. Also maybe in future get a faster HDD like the WD Raptor or even higher.(15KRPM is coming soon).

Didou: Is that bread toasted?

This computer is one of the best that you can have get it.

Of course you could just spend thousands and thousands on a computer that would be very good but becides spending over $5000 this a great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back