Can anyone help me for "critical system error " & "Virus Alert" on my system try

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Somehow I got this thing on my computer after having downloaded a Windows Media Player codec, it appears in the form of a Windows style system error message in my system try toolbar which reads: "critical system error - System detected virus activities. They may cause critical system failure. Please use antimalware software to clean and protect your system from parasite programs. Click this balloon to get all available software". Once clicked it opens an IE window prompting you to buy "virusbuster" which apparently is a fake program showing fake virus infection messages to get you to pay for a fake product.

2) Also another one sysem alert shows Malware threats (Your computer is infected with a back door Trojan that allows the remote attackers to perfom various malicious actions. Click this baloon to download malware removel sotware.

Did some searches on the web which recommended getting specific spyware removal tools however I'm not sure whether they are fake as well or even just as bad. It's quite annoying as the system error message keeps appearing and I cannot get rid of it. Tried to look through the posts but couldn't as yet find any with a similar problem.

Anyone able to help me please???

Operating System: Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP2

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Dhaka only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back