Can anyone help me out with some suggestions on how to get date of a hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and Gents,

Thank you for taking time to read this...

I'm in need of some advice on how to take an internal Harddrive for a laptop, and get the information off of it... I had read about some USB internal hard drive enclosures, but wanted to get more suggestions..

Basically, I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 Laptop that makes a great doorstop at the moment. Seems to be the motherboard didn't like me very much... [Not to mention its out of warranty and a doorstop for the 10th time in 3 years... all hardware related I assure you.]

Thus, since Dell has decided to keep my hard earn money and crap all over me.. I need to figure out how to get all my data off the hard drive [which still works, and is uncorrupted] so that I might purchase another laptop [Not from Dell] and get on with my life...

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm game... and remember I'll have a shell of a laptop that will either be going in the trash... or to someone else who wants to pay for shipping...

Sincerely..

Monte Holmes.

Heck, Email me directly if there are any die hard guys out there who want to trade one of those enclosures for the shell of the laptop.

Welcome to TechSpot

There are 2 1/2" to 3 1/2" (laptop-HD to regular-HD) converters/adapters.
Using one of those, remove the HD from your laptop, set it to Slave and insert it in a regular PC, using the older 40-wire IDE-cable (or stick it in one of those external HD-cases, check Ebay, to be had for a song)). When you have your new laptop (look at e.g. Acer Travelmate or Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo), transfer your data via network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back