can anyone help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all, i dont know what seems to be the problem. can anyone help me and solve my it with your expertise..
my network connection is enable and at 100mbps. but when i browse at the internet it says page cannot be displayed. so i go to network connections tcp/ip and properties. i switch to use following ip address. and put on my wireless device ip which is 169.254.1.1, sub mask 255.255.0.0 and default gateway to 169.254.1.2. when i go to cmd ipconfig it matches all the info i put on. then i tried pinging the ip address and it replys to me with 0% loss but when i ping my default gateway it replies with destination host unreachable 100%loss...

i tried to go to network trouble shooter and i selected the option to scan my connections. my default gateway failed but my ip address passed. can understand the problem of this i even tried updating my adapter its realtek rtl8139/810x family pci fast ethernet nic. i borrowed my friends laptop and tried the same process when i ping the the ip and default gateway it replies with 0% loss.

Perhaps contact your internet service provider. This will be the quikest and easiest solution since they will know most about it.

Good luck,

Regards,

Korrupt

your not using a lan ip for inside network
there are 3 set type of lan address numbers
10.1.1.0--100
192.168.1.1---255
172.16.1.1---255
mask can be change

thanks for the reply guys. so what do you think that i should do. my isp took so long to come and im really frustrated with them. and i even called a couple of times.

thanks for the reply guys. so what do you think, what should i do??? my isp took so long to come and im really frustrated with them. and i even called a couple of times.

you didn't describe your ISP connection (dial-up,cable,dsl) and/or if you have
a router.

The primary issue is to be sure you have DHCP enabled for both your
IP-Address and DNS service.

use ipconfig /all to discover your current settings

thanks guys.. i have solved the problem. i only reinstalled my tcp/ip. and restarted my pc. im back on the air. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back