Can boot but 10secs freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i currently purchase a brand new soyo dragon lite p4x400 .
and also brand new 512 one stick of ram 2100. i turn the pc on and it last 10 secs and it feeze i try diff ram diff video and still same ****. the only thing i can think is the video card is a agp2x nvidia and the mainboard says 4x/8x 1.5vol only. i supposed to this 2xagp i have is 1.5v and i supposed the mainboard is backwards compatible? any clues ideas opinions all welcome.

ohh yeah running a p41.8ghz mainboard says it supports up 3.something . this is starting to really annoy me off mainboard has no jumper at all. i like older style better this new type. what is wrong with this nrabd new crap.

ty

Edited : Please watch your use of bad language, thanks

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

From Soyo Usa Knowledgebase:
If the AGP video card is 4X then it is 1.5 volt card and this is supported.

If the AGP video card is 8X then it is 0.8 volt card and this is also supported on a 1.5 volt AGP slot.

NOTE: Any AGP card that has 4x or 8x AGP support is Supported on the 1.5 volt AGP slot.

NOTE: Any AGP card that has only 1x or 2x AGP support is not Supported on the 1.5 volt AGP slot.

Please check the picture below:

agp_volt_info.jpg

This knowledge base article applies to the following products:

-SY-P4X400 DRAGON Lite
Intel Socket-478 Pentium 4 Based VIA P4X400 Chipset ATX Motherboard With Hyper-Threading, 400/533MHz FSB, DDR400 and 8X AGP Pro Support, Integrated LAN, USB 2.0, and 4-Ch Hardware Audio

Would it be correct in assuming that while 1.5v slots do not support 1 and 2x AGP cards, older 3.3v AGP slots support 4x and 8x cards?

Originally posted by Rick
Would it be correct in assuming that while 1.5v slots do not support 1 and 2x AGP cards, older 3.3v AGP slots support 4x and 8x cards?

Some do, some don't. If it does, it will usually say it does and you have to select the correct setting in the BIOS so it uses the correct voltage. If in doubt, or if you find no such settings, or if it has no indication, it prolly doesn't support 1x, 2x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back