Can connect to internet, but can't connect to AOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I was wondering if someone could kindly give me some advice. Here's my problem.

I'm using a High Speed Internet Connection (Cable Internet through Comcast). Along with this, i'm using Linksys BEFSR41 4 Port Switch Router. Now for whatever reasons, it seems Comcast wants to disconnect me every 8-12 hours or so, which isn't a big problem because it just reconnects me in a minute. My big problem lies in the fact I still use the AOL service (version 8.0 to be exact) and after this happens, for some strange reason, I can't connect back onto AOL. I can't even connect to AIM either, but I can connect to the internet fine. I've been remedying this by doing a power cycle and rebooting, but after that, it'll just do it again in 10 hours or so. I've been having to do this everday. My other devices hooked up to the router seem to work fine and connect fine. I think the majority of the problem is the AOL software, anyone else have had these problems as well?

Get rid of your AOL, it's an enormous resource hogger.
Your PC will run faster without it.
It might be faster to reinstall Windows, rather than try and get rid of AOL though, be warned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back