Can I alternate between HDDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRussx

Hi,
Once I have the two drives set up as master and slave............

Is there a way to alternate between? Without restarting and going to the boot menu. Or is there a alternative way to set them so I can alternate without restarting.

Russ

"Alternate" means what? You want to make the master the slave and the slave the master while the computer is running? What on earth for?

i would ask the same as nodsu, why? i have two drives, but i have one totally for storage, although the second drive does have a OS installed on it but i keep it as total slave.
i can still initiate the start of a programme that is on that second drive. i think the idea you have is a recipe for a problem and some confusion. nevertheless if you do go ahead, best of luck.

O...k, thanks for the info.

I have the extra drive because my children are forever downloading junk and causing havoc,so I put another drive in for myself.And as dummies do, I asked a dum question.

Cheers

it wasn't a stupid question.. please ask away on anything, there is always someone willing to oblige:wave:
if you have a good firewall, set it so that it will block site they download from and need to ask you to allow it..

Thanks Tomrca,a simple solution that would have worked in the very begining,but now would be a battle I just want to avoid.

CCT,that link was a great find for someone like me,and will put it in my favorites for future reference,thanks.And you have helped me,so I will definately not! kick my dog today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back