Can I copy sata raid 0 drives to pata drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a pc that has 2 400g hard drives in raid 0. The motherboard is bad and needs to be replaced. The drives in raid 0 are sata drives; I want to mirror the drives onto 2 400g pata drives before replacing the mobo so in case of disaster I would still have all the info. What would be the best way for me to do this? I have another machine running that has raid capability but is not using it. It has 4 sata connections and 2 ide drive connections, currently only using the 2 ide connections and no raid. I have Partition Magic 8 and Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8 Pro. Is it possible for me to use my current up and running system, and one of the 2 software programs to mirror these drives?

MOBO is bad and you still want to recover info which might get corrupted in the transfer process.

That's correct. I would like to copy the drives to my other drives so if the disaster strikes during install of new mobo I will be covered with the data on the second set of drives.

No, it is not on the network. Would it possible for me to hook the 2 raid0 drives to it and copy them to the other 2 pata drives externally?

ghost the data or do a windows back up of the important DATA. Your drivers will be different however, but you need to backup your important information data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back