Can I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James27uk

I watch alot of dvd through my computer making use of the surround sound, I have recently been buying some in region 1 format as they are quite hard to come by over here. I have found that I can only change the region of my dvd rw 4 times total before it gets locked and there for have left it in region 1 mode as I have other players available. Could I put in another dvd rw to play the standard dvds or would this cause a conflict in the system? Also would I need any additional wiring/loom extensions. I have one cd rw and the dvd rw fitted at the moment.

Interesting thought - as I have always understood it is the drive that has the regional control this should work.
You can have 4 IDE drives connected to a standard motherboard. This can be 1 x HDD and 3 x DVD/CD drives if you want - you may have to fiddle about with the ribbon cables a bit to get it all to reach but it has to be worth a try. A DVD player drive should be available for less than a tenner, even in Eastbourne.
Look at http://www.ebuyer.com/cat/CD---DVD-Drives/subcat/DVD-ROM-Drives for ideas.

You would suggest trying it with just a dvd reader for now then? I will give it a go and I will let you know what I find out.

Yes, and if you can borrow one and connect it to the existing cable that would be the easiest and cheapest way to find out if the theory holds true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back