Can I play Battlefield 2 and far cry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfram

Hi,
i was wondering if I can play these great games on my pc. I hope that the can run at least in low or medium settings in 800*600 without AA and AF.
Here are my specs:

Intel Celeron D 335 @ 2.80GHZ
Radeon 9600XT 128MB
256MB Ram (soon to be 512Mb)
40Gb hdd
Integrated Ac'97 sound card

I saw some screnshots on the web and they seem great!
I just hope that they will be playable (at least 20-30FPS) on my system. I don´t work so I cannot upgrade the PC (only RAM).
Thanks!

your on the boatorline for both, you will beable to get playable rates on Battlefield 2 if you leave it on low, no AF,AA, and you need atlest 512 ram for it to work smoothly

Farcary you can probibly get maybe medium if you turn off AA,AF

Imho I'd say with some tweaking of some settings you can get them playable.
I'd start at recommended settings and go up from there, most likely it's going to be 640x480 to start. Most games will give you the lowest settings strait out of the box on a lower end graphics card, but a 128 card is pretty decent.
Google some tweek guides out there, you will learn about which settings to turn down or off, such as shadows, reflections, 32 bit or 16 bit color, textures etc. Bilinear will work faster than trilinear for example, maybe even turning character detail down to medium instead of high. Experiment and visit the gamesite forums for advice from people with a similar card and configuration as yours. I see no reason why you can't get it to run good enough to enjoy the game (better when you add more memory). Good luck! :grinthumb

Hey double reply time..... i would get a bit more ram.. 512 should be okey but 1 gig would be nicer and not too much more expensive.. and the games should run pretty good.. medium..... i have a similar setup myself..

Reply 2..

To post a new thread.. go to you chosen forum.. eg .hardware, gaming and consoles.. and there is a button that says surprisingly enough " new thread" just above the forums to the left..

:)

Thanks for your replies.
I´ll keep that on mind. But I think i will change first the mobo. Currently, I have a MSI 661FM2 with a SIS661FX chipset, and I want a good mobo with a 865PE chipset with dual channel support.
Thanks!

If you go up to 512mb ram, you'll be able to play Far Cry and Battlefield2 at the lowest settings + 800x600.

I'd highly suggest a bit more memory for Battlefield2 though as 1 gig should be the minimum for online play. 768mb-1gig would make this more tolerable on larger servers.

Your system is perfect for those 2 games other then the ram if you double the ram you can play the games perfectly, and you dont need 1 gb of Ram lol 512 is good enough Ive got a friend with a 128mb radeon 9600 pro with 512mb ram and 80gb hard drive that plays games like doom 3, quake IV and other new games with settings set up to high and with your types of games and your graphic card you should be able play your games on the highest setting so you would just need the extra 256mb of Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back